What is the festival schedule?
Please review the schedule details for the whole lineup.
2pm PST: Festival Opening Keynote by D. Fox Harrell
3pm PST: Video Lounge Welcome
4pm-6pm PST: Exhibition Opening Reception
11am PST: Stephanie Dinkins
1pm PST: Amelia Winger-Bearskin
3pm PST: Morehshin Allahyari
4pm PST: Exhibition Walkthrough
11am PST: Lawrence Lek
1pm PST: Christina "Phazero" Curlee
3pm PST: LaTurbo Avedon
4pm PST: Exhibition Walkthrough
2pm PST: Closing Keynote by Ruha Benjamin
3pm PST: Video Lounge Session
4pm-6pm: Closing Performance: Anti-Gone
9/29 – 10/3
Week of Workshops
How do I attend Gray Area Festival?
This year, we're introducing Membership-Based Ticketing to Gray Area Festival more accessible, and provide sustained support for our community. Different access levels allow access to the programs including:
- Online Artist Talks
- Virtual Exhibition
- Keynotes by D. Fox Harrell and Ruha Benjamin
- Video Lounges with other Festival Attendees
- Anti-Gone Performance
- Creative Code Workshops from September 29 – October 3. Workshop tickets may be purchased separately, or may be audited by attending the festival at the Cultivator Level.
Where's my ticket?
Gray Area is using the platform Withfriends for Membership-Based Tickets. Once you join as a member, you will receive an email confirmation of your ticket benefit levels. Please allow our system some time for processing, and you will receive an email about Your Attendee Access with a unique badge code. If you need help locating your badge code, contact us at email@example.com.
Ticket Refunds or Exchanges
Gray Area does not offer ticket refunds and all sales are final. You are welcome to cancel your membership at any time after the Festival, but we hope you will accept this invitation to deepen your relationship with the Gray Area family.
Can I volunteer?
To volunteer for this event, please complete this form and let us know you want to help. In exchange we will offer you either a ticket to a performance or a festival pass depending on the number of hours you are able to volunteer.
Student Discounts and Nonprofit Scholarships
If you are a student or nonprofit worker, we are offering discounts and scholarships on Festival Passes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which school you attend or nonprofit you work for, and a little about the knowledge you hope to gain by attending the Gray Area Festival. Please share this info if you know of folks who need support.
Please send a request for a media pass by filling out this form.
Code of Conduct
The Gray Area Festival is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or nationality.
All participants and audience are expected to treat other speakers, staff, and audience with respect. All participants should be mindful of their speech and behaviors in person, online, and on social media to protect the inclusiveness of the Festival environment.
No form of harassment or assault will be tolerated, including:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Excessive profanity.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Anyone asked by Staff to stop unacceptable behavior (including, but not necessarily limited to the above) is expected to comply immediately.
Gray Area reserves the right to revoke attendance at the Festival for anyone who does not comply with Staff requests, at our discretion. If an individual is in violation of the Code of Conduct during the Festival, they may be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
If you experience or witness harassment or threatening behavior, please contact Gray Area Staff immediately. We are always available to contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.